How to track my Fedex package?
Fedex package tracking is easy with Ordertracker, all you have to do is to paste your tracking number in the above field to track a package or go to the track my package section. We provide you with the most powerful parcel tracking system for any post office. Ordertracker accepts any international tracking number, it is an universal tracking website to track a parcel on a global level such as "track my parcel" with accurate informations about your shipment.
Fedex tracking from USA, Canada and UK
Fedex courier ships to many countries around the world and you can track all packages that are sent through this courier on this site with just a few clicks. When a package is sent to you, the sender must provide you with a tracking number which will then be used on this site to know the status of your delivery and the location of your mail or package.
How long does it take to deliver Fedex ?
The delivery time depends on the origin/destination, the degree of urgency of the delivery, the weight of the package as well as the type of shipment. There are indeed several types of sending Fedex that are listed below.
For parcels whose delivery is moderately urgent:
- Fedex International Economy , for packages up to 68 kg:
- Europe: 2 to 3 days
- United States: 3 to 4 days
- Canada: 3 to 4 days
- Latin America: 4 to 6 days
- Asia / Middle East / India: 4 to 6 days
- Africa / Oceania: 4 to 6 days
- Fedex International Economy Freight , for heavy packages from 68 to 1000 kg:
- Europe: 4 to 5 days
- United States / Canada: 4 to 5 days
- Latin America: 5 to 6 days
- Asia / India / Middle East / Oceania / Africa: 4 to 7 days
For more urgent deliveries:
- Fedex Priority Overnight , for all domestic consignments up to 68 kg:
The next day before 10:30 am
- Fedex International First , for an early morning express delivery of parcels up to 68 kg to the United States, Canada, India or some Latin American countries: the next day before 8am or 8.30am
- Fedex Europe First , for an early morning express delivery of parcels up to 68 kg to European countries: the next day before 9am, 9.30am or 10am
- Fedex International Priority , for parcels up to 68 kg to/from more than 220 countries of the world: ds the next day before 12 noon or during the day
- Fedex International Priority Freight , for packages between 68 and 1000 kg:
- Europe: 2 to 3 days
- United States: 1 to 2 days
- Canada: 2 days
- Latin America: 2 to 3 days
- Asia / India / Middle East / Oceania / Africa: 2 to 5 days
There are also services suitable for securities products or confidential documents, Fedex Priority Alert and Senseaware .
Options can also be customized in case of special requirements.
How do I contact Fedex ?
Fedex customer service is available by phone from Monday to Friday:
- In France, on 0825 886 887 from 8am to 6pm, at €0.12/min + call price
- Internationally, on 0820 123 800 from 8am to 8pm, at €0.15/min + call price
This service is closed on 25 and 26 December and on 1 and 2 January.
However, it is possible to send a contact form or contact the virtual assistant on the Fedex website 24/7.
A Fedex Mobile application is also available to know the tracking status of packages as well as their progress in real time.
Information about Fedex deliveries
Fedex , short for Federal Express , is an American multinational distribution company headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee, United States.
Founded in 1973 by Frederick W. Smith, Fedex Corporation now includes the following divisions:
- Fedex Express
- Fedex Ground
- Fedex Services
- Fedex Freight
- Fedex Office
- Fedex Global Logistics
The different divisions have been grouped together since 2016 under the same historical logo, purple and orange. Prior to this date, each of the divisions had its own color for the letters "Ex" of Fedex , while purple was common to all for the letters "Fed".
Fedex is at the origin of the express distribution that we know today and is today a leader in its field. The company, through Fedex Express , supports more than 6.5 million shipments every business day around the world, reliably and quickly. For this, Fedex Express has no less than 275,000 employees as well as more than 89,000 motorized vehicles and 680 aircraft that are grouped in more than 650 airports around the world. The group has more than 600,000 employees.
Annual revenue is $35.5 billion for Fedex Express and more than $69 billion for the Fedex Corporation Group.
The parent company, Fedex Corporation went public (NYSE) in 1978 under the code FDX.
Fedex began operations with 14 small aircraft from Memphis International Airport, that night of April 12, 1973, 186 packages were delivered to 25 cities in the United States.
The word Federal, included in the company's name, highlights Frederick W. Smith's interest in creating an economic activity on a national scale that quickly transformed into a global scale. As early as 1984, international operations began in Asia and Europe (Initially in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium) and today 95% of consumers do not live in the United States.
In 1999, the hub for Europe, the Middle East and Africa was installed at Charles de Gaulles Airport in Paris. Today Fedex has 11 different hubs, the largest in the United States in Memphis, Indianapolis, Anchorage, Newark, Fort Worth, China in Canton, In Germany in Cologne, in Belgium in Liège and finally the one in France in Roissy. Fedex 's global network now spans more than 220 different countries and territories around the world.
In order to ensure distribution, Fedex has its own full-fledged air fleet, which is one of the largest in the world. It now contains Airbus A300, Boeing 737, 757, 767 and 777, McDonnell Douglas, ATR 42 and 72. At launch in April 1973, Dassault Falcon 20s were used to travel through 25 American cities between Rochester and Miami.
In addition to expanding its network around the world, Fedex has expanded its scope of services. The company now offers several types of shipments depending on the degree of urgency of delivery, the size/weight of the package, the destination as well as the type of recipient (individual or company). It also provides for a tailor-made shipment that meets special requirements, the Special Services of Tnt . Examples of specific services are:
- Dedicated Vehicle: door-to-door service where it is possible to choose the type of vehicle that meets certain requirements (geolocation etc.)
- Onboard Courier: for very large shipments, a dedicated broker is responsible for delivering the package by taking the next commercial flight that is available and hand-delivers it
- Air Charter: for heavy, bulky parcels whose delivery is urgent, an aircraft is dedicated to the shipment
- Next Flight Out: Urgent delivery via the next available commercial flight
- Special Express: a specific place and time of delivery are respected
- Air Freight: sending heavy goods with budget constraints
Tnt , the company that takes care of these personalized deliveries was acquired by Fedex Express in 2016.
In addition, Fedex Priority Alert and Sense Aware are services created by Fedex for sending values. The first allows to have a better visibility on the routing of the parcels with a privileged contact to notify the delivery status and to coordinate on the recovery of the goods, while the second is an internet application that allows to know parameters such as temperature, humidity, pressure and many others, thanks to a device placed directly in the package.
It is also possible to use the option Fedex Delivery Signature, so that the receipt of the package is confirmed by signature, several options are possible:
- No signature required (if Fedex does not get a signature, the package is still deposited)
- Indirect signature required (signature can come from a neighbor or concierge, delivery is postponed if no one is available)
- Direct signature required (signature must come from someone present at the delivery address)
- Signature of an adult required (the signature must be made by an adult present at the delivery address)
Hazardous products and lithium batteries require special shipping conditions in order to comply with Iata regulations ( Air Transport Association ). On the other hand, they are not supported in all Fedex depots, so it is necessary to inquire with Fedex for this type of shipments.
Fedex also offers several types of packaging for small packages, depending on their size/weight, some of which are recyclable and reusable.
The services supported by Fedex are subject to a fuel surcharge whose percentage is modified each week according to the spot price of kerosene, this price is based on the Usgc ( U\.s\. Gulf Coast ) published by the Eia ( Energy Information Administration ) on a weekly basis. For example, if the spot price is between $1.94 and $2, the applied percentage of fuel surcharge is 20%.
For domestic shipments (except Fedex Priority Overnight ), a fuel surcharge is applied, calculated using the average monthly price at the diesel pump excluding tax. In France, this prize is published by the CNR (French National Road Committee). It is 12.55% for January 2022 for example.
As for shipments Fedex Priority Overnight , the fuel surcharge this time depends on the average of the weekly diesel prices (taxes included).
Fedex 's main competitor in the US market as well as internationally is Ups (United Parcel Service), offering similar distribution services, including urgent delivery in 1 night, that in 2 days. In the United States, Usps ( United States Postal Service ) is also an important competitor. Dhl is also a significant competitor internationally only and not on American soil where Ups and Fedex have the advantage. In China, SF Express is Fedex 's main competitor.
The tracking number of a Fedex delivery
Fedex tracking numbers are a combination of 12 to 15 digits, it is sometimes possible to have 20 to 22 digits in rarer cases. This combination does not have a letter. This number allows you to know the tracking status of the package.
The different tracking states Fedex
- ACCEPTED BY U.S. POSTAL SERVICE
- ALTERNATE DELIVERY REQUESTED
- ARRIVED AT FEDEX LOCATION
- AT LOCAL FEDEX FACILITY
- BARCODE LABEL UNREADABLE AND REPLACED
- CUSTOMER NOT AVAILABLE OR BUSINESS CLOSED
- DEPARTED FEDEX LOCATION
- IN TRANSIT
- IN TRANSIT TO LOCAL POST OFFICE - ALLOW TWO TO THREE ADDITIONAL DAYS FOR DELIVERY
- IN TRANSIT TO U.S. POSTAL SERVICE
- ON FEDEX VEHICLE FOR DELIVERY
- PICKED UP
- PACKAGE DELIVERED BY U.S. POSTAL SERVICE TO ADDRESSEE
- PACKAGE RECEIVED AFTER FINAL LOCATION PICKUP HAS OCCURRED. SCHEDULED FOR PICKUP NEXT BUSINESS DAY.
- RECIPIENT UNKNOWN - UNABLE TO DELIVER SHIPMENT - RETURNING TO SHIPPER
- SHIPMENT INFORMATION SENT TO FEDEX
- SHIPMENT INFORMATION SENT TO U.S. POSTAL SERVICE
- SCHEDULED FOR DELIVERY NEXT BUSINESS DAY
- TENDERED AT FEDEX LOCATION